Updated in April of 2020, The Compendium of Postpartum Care is a revised reference book that provides comprehensive, evidence-based information and guidelines for postpartum care and mother-baby nurses. The compendium addresses the physical, developmental, emotional, and psychosocial needs of mothers, newborns, and families from birth through the first postpartum visit. The compendium is the perfect study guide for the Maternal Newborn Nursing RNC-MNN certification exam. There are other maternal nursing books out there, but the compendium’s focus is on mother-baby care nurses, postpartum nurses, and nurses providing care to mothers and newborns primarily in a hospital setting.
At 200 pages, the compendium is comprehensive and compact. It includes the following new features:
- -Tabbed pages with full-color illustrations organized by topic area for ease of use
- -Relevant case studies and lists of resources for further exploration in each chapter
- -Expanded content on postpartum complications
- -Highlights from AWHONN’s POST-BIRTH Warning Signs parent education program for maternal discharge
List of Chapters
- Chapter 1: Assessment and Care of the Postpartum Woman
- Chapter 2: Assessment and Care of the Newborn
- Chapter 3: Infant Feeding
- Chapter 4: Maternal and Infant Discharge Planning, Health Teaching, and Early Homecare
- Chapter 5: Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders
View the Table of contents and a Sneak Peek Inside
The compendium is also available as a spiral bound hard copy for your reference library.
AWHONN Product code: DL-CPC-320
Permissions and Licensing:
AWHONN individually purchased downloads are intended for one user to view and use a single copy of the materials for personal, informational, and non-commercial use only.
Licensing of this title is available for hospital or institutional libraries. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing, terms and multi-title packages. *Licensing is only available for closed intranets or password-protected systems accessed by a limited and agreed upon range of users. Terms and conditions apply.