· Describe the function of the pelvic floor muscles.
· Identify symptoms and causes of pelvic floor support dysfunction.
· Differentiate between the different types of incontinence.
· Discuss related symptoms of pelvic pain.
· Explain the components of pelvic PT evaluation and treatment for patients with incontinence and pelvic pain.
· Identify patients who may benefit from referral to a women’s health PT specialist.
· Discuss pregnancy physical therapy strategies for pain management.
· Identify physical therapy strategies for postpartum complications.
· JoAnn Green, MSTP Women’s Health Specialist, MercyOne Comfort Health Center for Women
· Jessica Gengler, MSTP Women’s Health Specialist, MercyOne Comfort Health Center for Women